There are many aspects to owning, maintaining value and securing your investment property. Having the years of experience, resources and systems to respond quickly and cost-effectively to the realities of investment properties management from Rent, Tenants, Repairs, Compliance, and Property Standards can be left to me your Professional Property Manager.
Exact responsibilities can vary based on the type of property being managed, the terms of the management contract are dependant on the various factors which are discussed during our initial no obligations consultation.
Here are some important management roles that are taken on depending on the property.
Collecting rent is a basic responsibility. Therefore, it is one of the most common jobs a landlord will pass on to a property manager. A property manager’s responsibilities could also include:
- Setting Rent: Right rent levels attract tenants to your property. To determine the rent range, I’ll look at the market where the property is located and analyze comparable properties in the area and adjust accordingly.
- Collecting Rent: Your Tenant Will Always Know When, Where and How Much To Pay. At least one week prior to the end of the month, tenants receive their monthly rental invoice via email. Tenants also have the ability to log-in to our website anytime to check rent balances or to confirm that previous payments have been processed. Each tenant will always be able to stay on top of rent payments.
- Recognizing the importance of timely rental payments, so that expense payments can be made. Tenants who haven’t paid rent by the 2nd of the month will receive reminders via email and phone. We continue to follow up consistently until the rent is paid.
- Adjusting Rent: As your property manager, I can increase the rent each year, according to Provincial Guidelines.
Managing tenants is another core responsibility. As your property manager I’ll be involved in finding and screening prospective tenants, managing daily complaints and maintenance issues and handing tenant move outs and evictions.
- Finding Tenants: I’ll advertise property and create a compelling ad on social platforms. Also I understand what attracts tenants, so they can offer tips to help makeover the property to maximize potential income.
- Screening Tenants: My screening process, including running credit checks, which can decrease your chances of tenant turnover. Experienced enough I’ve seen hundreds, of tenants, so I have a better idea of how to select the right tenants; those who will pay their rent on time, have a longer tenancy and create fewer problems.
- Handling Leases: This can include setting the lease term and making sure it has all the necessary clauses to protect the property and your investment.
- Handling Complaints/Emergencies: As the property manager I deal with maintenance requests, noise complaints and handling emergency situations.
- Handling Move Outs: When a tenant moves out, I’ll inspecting the unit, checking for damages. After moving out, I’ll have the unit repaired, any damages and finding a new tenant.
- Dealing With Evictions: When a tenant does not pay rent or otherwise breaches the terms of a lease, as a property manager I understands the proper way to file and move forward with an eviction.
Maintenance and Repairs Roles
Keeping the property in safe and habitable condition. As your property manager I’ll oversee the physical management of the property, including regular maintenance and emergency repairs.
- Property Maintenance: This includes performing preventative property maintenance to keep the property functioning in top condition. By providing quick responses to all issues, we help keep small problems from getting bigger. Assistance is also provided with maintenance of items like HVAC systems, sprinkler systems, irrigation systems and more. We can help you find the best price possible and to make sure each job is of the best quality by insured, reliable companies.
- Fielding All Tenant Requests- Alleviating You of Any Hassle. With my experience in handling tenant requests, I’ll know exactly what we have to provide to the tenant. No more paying for unnecessary items as requests are filtered. Same day response is provided to confirm all requests are received. I guarantee that no request is overlooked with our custom request tracking system. Conveniently contact us 24 hours, 7 days a week via phone, email or online.
- Repairs: When there is an issue, fixing the problem or hire someone else to do it. I have a large network of reliable plumbers, electricians, carpenters and other contractors.
Knowledge of Landlord-Tenant Law
As a Property managers I have an in-depth knowledge of the Landlord Tenant Act
- Screening a Tenant
- Terminate a Lease
- Evict a Tenant
- Comply With Property Safety Standards
- Other Employees: If there are other employees in the property, such as a concierge or security personnel, I’ll make sure they are doing their job to the highest standards. As the property manager can set their salaries and even fire them if issues arise.
- Vacant Properties: Property managers are often hired to look after vacant properties to make sure there has been no vandalism and to perform routine maintenance. Also make sure contractors and other repairmen are completing their work in a timely manner.
Managing the Budget/Maintaining Records
- Managing Budget: Operate within the set budget for the building. In certain emergency situations when the occupants (tenants) or physical structure (investment property) are in danger, they may use their judgment to order repairs or likewise without concern for the budget.
- Maintaining Records: Keeping thorough records regarding the property. This should include all income and expenses; list of all inspections, signed leases, maintenance requests, any complaints, records of repairs, costs of repairs, maintenance costs, record of rent collection and insurance costs.
- Providing proper lease documentation to ensure you have the paperwork protection you need. All leasing paperwork is tailored to the specific needs of the apartment. We prepare lease renewals to properly document tenant extensions and assist on both rent stabilized and free market leases. I’ll informed you on any changes in laws, to ensure you are up-to-date on current regulations.
300 Welland Avenue, Unit 4
St. Catharines, ON. L2R 7L9
Office 905-685-7474 X 3
KRIS VRCEK - BROKER
DIRECT CALL or TEXT 905-931-8335